Matthew Perry

Autopsy Claims Matthew Perry Died From Ketamine

An autopsy released by the County of Los Angeles Department of Medical Examiner revealed that Matthew Perry’s cause of death was attributed to the “acute effects of ketamine,” along with contributing conditions such as “coronary artery disease, buprenorphrine effects.”

The report also mentioned the discovery of “prescription medications and loose pills” at his residence. Perry, aged 54, was found deceased on October 28 following an apparent drowning in a hot tub at his Los Angeles home in the Pacific Palisades area.

The autopsy detailed the detection of trace amounts of ketamine in the stomach contents, yet the method of intake remained unknown. Perry had reportedly undergone “ketamine infusion therapy for depression and anxiety.” Despite his last known treatment being more than a week before his death, the autopsy inferred that the ketamine detected at the time of death couldn’t be from that therapy due to ketamine’s relatively short half-life.

Ketamine, described in the autopsy as a dissociative anesthetic with established medical uses, was originally utilized in veterinary medicine and later attracted human interest due to its hallucinogenic effects.

Dr. Michael Baden, a forensic pathologist and Fox News contributor, highlighted ketamine’s history and its shift from being primarily used for animal surgery to becoming a drug with hallucinogenic properties in human circles during the 60s and 70s.

Initially, the Department of Medical Examiner had cited “deferred” cause of death due to “other significant conditions,” which was later updated with the detailed autopsy report. No foul play was suspected, and illegal drugs were reportedly absent from the scene. Perry’s interment took place on November 3 at Forest Lawn Memorial Park.

Preliminary tests excluded the presence of fentanyl or methamphetamine in Perry’s system. Attempts to access public records, including 911 audio recordings, faced challenges due to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) concerns, leading to denials and redaction advisories.

On the day of Perry’s death, responders found him unconscious in a hot tub, and despite their efforts, he was declared deceased before their arrival. The case transitioned to the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division for further investigation, a common practice for high-profile cases.

Article generated from corporate media reports.